Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bottling Day! - Custom Pale Ale

After much anticipation, the time came last night to finally bottle up the Pale Ale that has been sitting in secondary fermentation for about 2 weeks.  It will be nice to have a taste of the what I hope to be a lighter style Pale Ale soon.  When I was creating the brew, I was hoping to get something similar to a BBC Steel Rail Ultra-Pale Ale.  I'm not sure I will even get close, but it will still be interesting to taste what I've ended up with.  The good thing is, I will have a baseline to continue to work from and attempt to perfect.

Seeing that this blog has just recently started, I will post the details of this particular brew later when I have our hand-written notes in front of me.  

The batch yielded 24 22oz. Bottles, and 11 12oz. bottles of Pale Ale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment